Picture #3: The Presbytery's laying on of hands and prayers.
Picture #4: Pastor Oie poses with his wife, Pok, and daughter, Nong Fi, as Bro. Guay signs the Ordination Certificate.
Picture #5 & 6: Missionary Richard Guay preached the charge from the text of 2 Timothy 4:1-3:
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears."
Since becoming a missionary in April, 1988 I have been used of the Lord to help ordained 5 Thai and Laotian men that I have helped to train. Bro. Oie is the last of those 5. I am very proud of him and pleased with his strong Biblical stand. Bro. Oie continues to help me with our daily Gospel radio program, and with the Bible Institute. Bro. Oie asks for your prayers in the following activities. -- John Henry
Word Baptist Church continues to serve the Lord Jesus here in Nong Khai and Phon Phisai as the Holy Spirit leads in the following Church activities:
* The Church goes out on Sunday afternoons to hand out Gospel tracts.
* Teaching English and Japanese in order to get the lost to come to meetings.
* Prayer and Bible study every Wednesday.
* Village visitation on Fridays.
* Periodically conduct services at the Government home for abused Boys (at least monthly).
* Visit believers that live far from us at least monthly.
* Conduct an English Camp and a Bible Conference annually.
-- Oie Touttah